Our Wild Achill Island, hand poured soy candle recreates the raw and sheer beauty to be found on Achill Island. As the bracken curls and turns golden. A tapestry of scent unfurls that imprints itself in your imagination.
A gorgeous gift for autumn and hygge lovers, our Wild Achill Island hand poured soy candle is earthy and smells delicious. Anyone who has been to the West of Ireland would love this a reminder of time well spent.
Oils: patchouli, heather, bluebells
Made by hand in our Belfast studio with 100% pure soy, sourced from sustainable farms for an eco friendly clean burn. We only use lead free, unbleached braided cotton wicks with premium grade fragrance and essential oils. All our candles are free from additives, dyes, preservatives, phthalates, parabens and petroleum.
Net weight 228g
Burn time approx 45 hours
Candle Care & Burning Advice
- The first time you burn your candle, its very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax. When you burn it thereafter it will burn down evenly and slower.
- When burning after the initial burn, try and burn for a minimum of 45 minutes and no longer than 3 hours.
- Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm and if it 'mushrooms' nip the top off. This helps control the size of the flame so as not to burn too fast.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish your candle, blowing it out can cause some of the wick to drop into the wax and slightly damage the wick.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- If soot forms on the inside of the tin, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Do not leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface
Sustainable plant wax, free from palm wax, beeswax, petroleum, pesticides, herbicides. Our wicks are lead-free and and are simply made from pure cotton with paper cores. We also use 10% fragrance in our candles, whereas the industry standard is between 3 - 7%. This means the scent will last until the very end of the candle and will not fade.